Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yard Sale Success!

Mish setting up for the Yard Sale
Good day folks!  This past Saturday and Sunday I held my very first Packin Up For Puerto Rico Yard Sale!!  I am happy to report that it was quite a success.  While I only sold maybe a quarter of what I own, I still made a few hundred bucks and I am getting ever closer to my goal!  See, I'm holding these yard sales to help me purchase a Mac fully loaded with Final Cut Pro (a sweet video editing system) and Microsoft Office for Mac.  I know my journey is going to be one worth documenting both through this blog and through video.  This Mac and editing system will allow me to edit my own videos and improve on my skill so that I may perhaps use it as a source of income through freelance work.  But, in order to do that I have to come up with just over $2,000---outside of my other expenses I am budgeting for in preparation for my move.  All that being said, I am a wee bit closer to making that purchase and that's awesome!

Renee trying to stay cool
Saturday was a preview sale...held during my neices 3rd birthday party...family and friends were able to come on down, take a look and make a purchase if they so desired.  That plan worked out way better than I thought so THANK YOU to everyone who showed love!! 

Items for sale
Sunday was HOT.  Like sweat-dripping-everywhere-cover-the-electronics-to-help-shield-them-from-the-heat-let's-make-frozen-margaritas-where-is-the-water-what-are-we-doing-out-here-HOT!  Still, folks like Ellie and Connie (who brought her sisters for round 2) came and purchased items.  Strangers drove by, stopped, chatted and bought really random items as well.  All in all it was a lot of fun.  Sonia (my sis-in-law), inspired by her newly purchased  martini glasses and shaker (thank you yard sale), decided to make some awesomely refreshing and delish pomegranate margaritas...mmm mmm mmm.  My lovely neice Renee kept me company pretty much all day...offering an extra set of hands as she carefully brought out my shot glasses one by one (don't judge me) and  wonderful moral support supported by lots of questions like "Titi who is that?" when a stranger would come to browse or "Titi where are you?!" when I'd run to the corner for a bit of shade and an attempt to cool off.  Shout out to Scott who also roughed it out with me...moving furniture, grabbing bags for purchases, and trecking it to the store for cold cuts, bread and ice.  Oh and let's not forget big bro Danny who got in on the Yard Sale action by offering up his Play Station 2, tons of games and movies (which are still available for purchase by the way).
Mmm Margarita!

Speaking of things still up for grabs:

- Wine fridge complete with a (brand new) leather wine carrying case and wine tool kit (yep, I like wine)
- Queen size sofabed (Levitz/ Raymour & Flannigan)
- Wooden bookshelf
- 32 inch color tv/vcr (Panasonic)
- 13 inch color tv/vcr
- Wooden living room table with 6 baskets for storage (Ikea)
- Ikea oak colored computer desk
- 6 drawer wooden dresser
- 2 wooden side tables with storage (Ikea)
- Popcorn churner (Crate & Barrel)

These are just a few of the many items that are left...pics on the way.  I must consult with my landlord before I announce my next Yard Sale but I am aiming for mid September...stay tuned!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the yard sale turned out well and you were able to sell some stuff... it was a very, very hot day that sunday!!

    I'm trying to see if I am able to move some time soon (hopefully within the next 2 months, **crossing fingers**) If the good lord wills that to happen, i am interested in the bookshelf (and maybe some more of your storage pieces). I'm in the works of starting my own business, so whatever i can get for cheaper is good for me.. I just want to make sure i have the space first before i start buying things.. i love to buy things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome!! Good luck on the move and the new business! What is the business all about?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx! It's Medical Claims & Billing. I want to do it from home..

    ReplyDelete